Kelly Dostal
Kelly Dostal asked:

Love the movie, is the book just as good or better?

To answer questions about Rosemary's Baby, please sign up.
Briar Graovac In my opinion, the book is actually a tough read. I find something about Ira Levin's writing style very off-putting, which is sad to me, because I genuinely enjoy his ideas and the nuances he picks up on the power differences between the genders. But I still find his books a tough read.

That said, the dialogue from the movie is word-for-word in the book. Roman Polanski didn't know directors were allowed to change things when adapting books for movies.
E the Movie is greatly fateful to the book.And that,is a merit
Lindsey Albright The movie is very true to the book. The copy of Rosemary's Baby that I read had a foreword regarding the movie and Levin's stance on his work. I was disappointed with Levin's attitude, honestly, but Polanski was really into the story. The movie is as close to the book as he could possibly get.
Jack I feel like they're pretty much the same, strangely. Because you saw the movie first, I'd expect you to be a little bored with the book.
Image for Rosemary's Baby