Kristen U
Kristen U asked:

I am only 1/3 through the book but I am a little irritated that everyone in the knitting circle seems to have some serious tragedy and grief in their lives. There are happy knitters out there I am one and I have two knitting clubs full of happy knitter. I am going to try to complete the book and hope there is a silver lining by the end of the book. Please tel me there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel?

To answer questions about The Knitting Circle, please sign up.
Eleanor Yes, there is. Loved this book. I lost my son in April 2014, so it was a very good book for me to read.
JZ Perhaps you're too young to have had a tragedy that rocks your world, or that your circles aren't that close, yet. It's wonderful to have that cir le when you need it, because, some day, you will. That's life.
Michelle As a parent who has lost a child, it is understandable for those who become irritated with books about loss. It is a difficult subject and everyone deals with grief differently but, knitting was the dealing and when you speak about your loss it helps to heal. Unhappy is not really how I would define sharing about grief, it is overcoming and coming to terms. I find many people who also respond thinking when people speak about their loss or their loved ones as being unhappy, not exactly so. I still speak with my feelings with others who have lost children, it is not that we are "unhappy" sad, yes but, we do find happiness and move on this is how life is, we are just the unfortunate ones who have to struggle with our losses.
Katherine Knitting is the balm that diminishes the grief....that is the light.
Kristin Eoff Yes, all the major characters have undergone some sort of tragedy, so this book is rather depressing. However, there is some hope at the end.
Image for The Knitting Circle
by Ann Hood (Goodreads Author)