Daniel
Daniel asked:

i loved this book on multiple levels- elephants, psychics, bond of mothers etc. My only somewhat of a criticism is Jenna seemed WAY beyond the typical 13 year old. Her vocabulary and breadth of knowledge is more like a person much older and experienced. What do you think?

To answer questions about Leaving Time, please sign up.
Mommooshka SPOILER: I agree. However, the years that passed after her death and until the story took place was certainly not a typical childhood and exposed her to a lot of time and experiences outside the norm. Also, as an only child raised in an all-adult environment where she was treated in many instances as a little adult, she would also be more mature than other kids. I've seem this in real life with many only-children. And like you, I loved this book on many levels, too!
Jayna Her parents were both scientists. She grew up reading her mother's scientific findings. One would expect her to be well above average.
Michelle I agree. I thought that she should have been 15-16.
Image for Leaving Time
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)