Steve Tullin
Steve Tullin asked:

How does Baldacci's character of Will Robie compare with Lee Child's larger-than-life Jack Reacher?

To answer questions about The Innocent, please sign up.
Kathy No comparison is right. Jack Reacher is much better, more humor, less need for "perfection" more spontaneous. The only thing that make Robie books intresting is the reader of the audio books.
Scott Holland Ha... I'll balance the first two comments! I've read the first four Jack Reacher novels and have loved them. Just finished reading The Innocent (first Will Robie). As I read the book I noted the similarities… the solitary nature and the general moral feel of the lead characters... and of course that ability to handle any situation they find themselves in. This book also has the female side kick that Reacher often seems to have. Enough differences as well, Robie the currently serving government assassin vs Reacher's retired MP... and the Reacher being that hard to miss man mountain vs Robie the plain looking guy who can blend in. My view - if you look Reacher, you will like this, same page turning, fast pace qualities.
Carol Jones-Campbell No comparison. I've tried to read several of Reachers, and every one of them have been just mediocre. Baldacci's reading holds me the reader and grips so that I can hardly wait to see what happens next. He is a clean writer and does so without of vulgarity, sex scenes, and many things offensive to readers. Great job!!!
Image for The Innocent
by David Baldacci (Goodreads Author)