Kathryn Featherston

Upon reading that the author of The Lockwood Legacy, Juliette Harper, is actually a writing team of two women. This sounds like a terrific way to write a novel! I'm wondering if teaming up to author a book is a frequent practice?

To answer questions about Langston's Daughters, please sign up.
Juliette Harper Hi Kathryn, Rana here. I'm one half of "Juliette Harper." When Patti and I first started writing together, I did a lot of research about writing partnerships. The one that intrigues me the most is the collaboration of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Their Agent Pendergast novels are among my favorites.

Like us, the two men live some distance from one another. We work together every day by video conference and get together in the same location every few weeks.

I don't know how many active writing partnerships are out there today, and historically it seems there have been a lot of male / female teams, perhaps in part as a venue for the women to get their work recognized. I can say without hesitation that you're absolutely correct that for us it's a terrific way to write a novel.

We challenge each other creatively and push each other to explore our stories in unexpected ways. We have a paranormal series in development and that one is just a blast to work on, but I think I'm glad no one is around but her poodle and my cats to hear the kind of things we're talking about!
Image for Langston's Daughters
by Juliette Harper (Goodreads Author)