Elizabeth Ridgely

How did you make the book? Elizabeth Ridgely

To answer questions about Ivey and the Airship, please sign up.
Cheryl Ammeter Hi, Elizabeth -

It all began when my daughter asked me to write a fantasy back in 2006. I originally meant to write "Ivey and the Airship" as a screenplay, but as my imagination took me further into the world of Aether, I realized that I was about to author my first novel. Soon after that, I realized it would take at least four more books to tell whole the story.

I was writing television scripts for "Barney & Friends" at the time, so I spent six months just imagining the world and its characters before I actually had time to sit down and start the first chapter. I worked on it between scripts assignments, and didn't finish the last chapter until December of 2010.

At that point, a team of very talented people took on the jobs of editing, graphic design, interior & cover design, and setting up the process of printing. I received the first printed copy in November of 2011, and the book went live at the major online vendors like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo in December.

It is without a doubt one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced in a fairly interesting life.

I hope that answers your question, Elizabeth!
Image for Ivey and the Airship
by Cheryl Ammeter (Goodreads Author)