Mrs. M
Mrs. M asked:

Did anyone read this one AND Smart But Scattered? It seems to me that they would be fairly similar????

Chonda You are correct, they are similar. Executive skills concepts are the same but is age specific. In the latter of the two books there are special sections that are not in the other. For example, the Smart and Scattered discusses Individual Education Plans (IEP) and 504 plans that can be set up with schools versus in the teen version there is a section concerning coaching, teen driving and transitioning into college and/or the workforce. IEPs and 504s can be created for students through 12th grade, so even though it is not in the teen edition, it is still relevant for teens.
Kristin Larson barlow I have both of them but have only read the one about teens. I have thumbed through Smart But Scattered and am going to start reading it. They definitely teach similar concepts. My kids are 15, 12, 10, 7 and 6. I read the teen one first because my 15 year old has been struggling so much but since the ideas and theories are geared for a teen - specifically 8th grade and above (actually mostly high school with a lot of references to new drivers) I decided to get the kids one too so I have ideas that are geared for the younger ages. Honestly I got so much out of the teen one that I am excited to read the other one. I think it will help to reinforce concepts and give me age appropriate ideas for my younger kids. This sounds jumbled so the short if things: it looks like a lot of the same stuff so I would just read the one that is best for the age of your child (children).
Image for Smart but Scattered Teens