Beatrice
Beatrice asked:

I don't understand this: Why has Chris put two bullets instead of one into the Colt?

To answer questions about The Pact, please sign up.
Raven
Hammers_k I agree with Alisha, but I also think that perhaps on a subconscious level he would actually have considered killing himself if his plan failed and he watched Em commit suicide. Surely the aftermath of that would have made him an emotional wreck.
Alisha Hunt He says he wasn't suicidal himself, but wanted Emily to believe he was as well as her. So he put two bullets in to make her believe that he was going to commit suicide after she did. Keeping It to himself, Chris believed he could talk Emily out of shooting herself and then he wouldn't have to use either bullet. The two bullets were just to show Emily that he would commit suicide too, but his plan of talking her out of it failed.
Image for The Pact
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)