Am I the only one who finds Piers Anthony to be supremely misogynistic?

To answer questions about The Source of Magic, please sign up.
Zack Oliver well...misogyny is a hatred of women. And I can't say that Piers hates women from the handful of his books I've read. If he hates women at all in any capacity, its just certain types (weak, tempting, airheady, girly girl type women..and from what I can tell that's no different from women who hate certain types of men), and the types he loves are actually quite in line with today's definition of a strong independent woman (intelligent, 'fierce,' independent, strong, capable, having agency, full of feeling and womanness, etc.). He even incorporates gender fluidity into this one during various sections. I think he gets criticism when readers assume that we are supposed to think Bink is an idealized man, and the author's avatar. I think that to some degrees that's true, but also I believe that Piers allows things to spin a bit sexist for a comic pulpy attitude that's meant to be entertaining and ironically crass. I think this is well in line with some of his other tropes, like the puns and quirky imagination. I think quirky is the word--Piers is a smart, albeit quirky, guy who likes to mess around with readers and their tastes in characters. He makes you walk the line of taste, always asking yourself, 'is this okay or not?' kinda like most successful comedians. If you take it too seriously, you're missing the joke. But to avoid criticism, I will add that if you or anyone else don't like Piers and think he is misogynistic, then that's a perfectly suitable interpretation which fits a great deal of the evidence here. He definitely does an awful lot male characters characterizing female characters in outdated modes. I prefer to contextualize this in a favorable light, but then again I enjoy what I've read so far from him (Xanth 1-2, Apprentice Adept 1-3).
Image for The Source of Magic