J.R. Bryce
J.R. Bryce asked:

What inspired you to write this book? I am curious how you came up with the creature.

To answer questions about Reservoir, please sign up.
Damean Mathews I actually got the idea from a quote, but due to copyright laws I didn't include it in the publication. The quote, which reads "The sea is a vast reservoir of nature. It through the sea that the earth, so to speak, began", is from Jules Verne, speaking here as Captain Nemo.

The first time I read the quote, while at Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, I knew there was something there. It made me feel like something very deep and heavy was attached to it. The more I thought about it the more I knew that I had to figure it out.

I pondered for a while one day and realized it could be a story, and the scenes started to actually play themselves out in my head. Soon I knew I had to write it down and this is what came out. It was actually my first completed short story, so I try not to polish it too much, but I continue to find lines that I think could be better or could sound firmer and I'll tweak it a bit.
Image for Reservoir
by Damean Mathews (Goodreads Author)