June
June asked:

Did anyone else feel this book was all about nothing?

To answer questions about Scarlet Feather, please sign up.
Lisa Maeve Binchy is all about slowly building characters and description of places and daily life - often in Dublin. If you are more a plot kind of person, best not to read her books. If you like her style and you liked this book, read Quentin's. Picking up these books to reread them was like visiting old friends and reminiscing.
Marcia actually I liked it - yes I was hoping for some happier things but it is real life and a true story of perseverance
JayeL I enjoyed the descriptions of the day to day life. It is a relief to not be on the edge of my seat and worried about the characters on occasion.
Michelle Newton A friend lent me this book and I have to agree with what June has said. It took me ages to read it because I just couldn't get into it, but wanted to give it a go and try to finish it and yay!!...I've finally finished it and I never want to read anything like this again!
K.N A so true.......it felt like there is not even a gist on it.....
John Appler I heartily agree. One bad episode after another in life of these poor people for a year.

Becky That's a good description. Seinfeld pulled it off better.
Image for Scarlet Feather