Robert Haile
Robert Haile asked:

I'm a littled tired of morbid exceptionally complex books , just for now, and I am reading Wonder Boys, but for future reference, how does this compare to The Lives of Others, by Neel Mukherjee, just in terms of the emotion, complexity, and beautiful prose? No spoilers, please?

To answer questions about Evening Is the Whole Day, please sign up.
Igor Koyfman It's some of the most beautiful prose I've read, bringing the world fully to life. But every chapter will wring your soul also. The achronological structure works great, posing and answering all the important questions in turn. If you're emotionally exhausted you'll need more energy to get through this. A book of this size should take 3-4 days to read, yet I've struggled for over 2 weeks because it's so poignant.
Image for Evening Is the Whole Day
by Preeta Samarasan (Goodreads Author)