Robert Haile
Robert Haile asked:

For me, I've read a lot of great but sad books, and the news is so sad. I wonder if the community finds this book, humor, and wonderful prose as uplifting as I do?

To answer questions about Wonder Boys, please sign up.
Jonathan K (Plot & Characters Matter) I loved this story and the book is far better than the adaptation with Michael Douglas.. What I'm having trouble with is finding anything that bears resemblance to it whether narrative or otherwise. Great read!
Astrid Hello, I'm considering buying this book and your comment is like a breath of fresh air. I've also read extroardinary but sad or dark books. And yes, I avoid watching the news. People around are going to talk to me about it anyways. Not to mention I'm a counselor so I get my share of sad stories for the day. So finding humorful, smart, senstive and well written books has become a quest for me. Please do share if you have any other insightful suggestions!
Rebecca Wow. Found the protagonist unbearably awful, and by continuing I felt that I was supporting his terrible personality, so I quit reading it. I like Chabon (Telegraph Avenue knocked my socks off!) but *hated* this one.
Image for Wonder Boys