Carolyn
Carolyn asked:

I received number 17 Aunt Dimity and The Village Witch this year for Christmas. However, my gift-er did not know it was a series. Can it be read as a stand alone before I purchase the rest or is it best to read them in order?

Lorelei You could probably read it out of order. At the beginning of each book, the author recaps everything. About the "heroine", her husband, sons, about the village of Finch. Who some of the villagers are, etc. If you like this book though, then I'd recommend that you start from the beginning and read the rest of the series. There is a great website that keeps track of all of the books in the series and the order they were published. http://www.cozy-mystery.com/
Image for Aunt Dimity and the Village Witch