Martha
Martha asked:

if i loved this book, which one would you recommend to read next?

To answer questions about The Outsiders, please sign up.
Jeremy I would definitely skip S.E.'s "Taming the Star Runner". When i first read it, I couldn't take how boring I found it. Don't let that comment sway you though if you like "city bad boy turned farm boy" kind of stories.
I would suggest Tex, or that was then, this is now. They're both pretty great (and an older Ponyboy's even in That was then...).
Carmen Does I would read That Was Then This is Now. It is a sequel to The Outsiders and has Ponyboy, Randy, and Tim and Curly Shepard in it. The book jumps ahead by a few years but there are still fights. Greasers and Socs get along, but a new group of "Hippies" are included in the story.
S. Daisy I agree with Faith's suggestions. Only, I would like to add that although Rumblefish is in the same genre and vein as The Outsiders, I would not recommend it. It was in my opinion, poorly written, and it was rather promiscuous and crude for the age audience it was meant for.
Image for The Outsiders
by S.E. Hinton (Goodreads Author)