Maggie
Maggie asked:

Can I read this before I read the first one?

To answer questions about The Hit, please sign up.
Cindy Yes, I read it not knowing it was part of a series also. Just made me want to read the others.
Christopher Smith There are some references to events from The Innocent and two characters return, but they are fairly minor to this story and there's sufficient context provided that you won't be lost.
Ron Collins I'd respectfully suggest you find something else. Neither one is worth the time.
Smaran Definitely can. I finished this book earlier this month and have still not read the first one. I had a little trouble grasping one of the characters but she does not tie in too much into the story so it was fine.
♛ Garima ♛ Read my review - I picked up this not knowing its part of series but ended up liking in anyways
DeMarcus I actually read this book before reading the first one due to the fact that I was unaware that this was actually a series. The author does a good job at filling the gaps in between the books and they tie together very nicely.
Image for The Hit
by David Baldacci (Goodreads Author)