JONAS
JONAS asked:

My first book was butchered by the publisher. overly and grossly edited. what should I do? re-publish it again? give me a good advice. I have a finished manuscript but I am afraid to go to the so called publishers.

To answer questions about Ratham Creek, please sign up.
Marie Hi Jonas, I just found your question on Good Reads. Sorry it is 9 days after your question. I would need to know a little more about your book. My best advice would be to really think about what the publisher that edited your work said. Did he offer to publish if you make the changes? If so, this is your best bet to get it published.
Sometimes we are so close to our own work that we become protective of it and don't want to rewrite. My books have been rewritten over and over again and finally they make a crafted, readable story. You are in one of the elite places. Not many people get their stories read by a publisher and I would hate for you to miss this opportunity. Set it aside for a few more days, then get your edited story out and see if you can rewrite it in a way that would satisfy the publisher. Good luck, Marie
Image for Ratham Creek
by Marie F. Martin (Goodreads Author)