Anthea
Anthea asked:

Is wonder of all things a "young adult" or "teen novel?

To answer questions about The Wonder of All Things, please sign up.
Cadance It depends on who is reading it. I believe I would have been fine reading it as young as 14 or 15 (maybe even a bit younger) but others may not be. I actually assumed it was a middle-grade book the whole time I was reading it though.
Maria I would not label it that way. Mature teens would be fine reading it, however.
Karen I don't think so, but, having said that, I would have loved it in high school. It reminds me a bit of John Green's books in the way that youths at the center of the story are treated as smart, fully formed people. That seems like a yes, doesn't it?

I could see it as YA (never teen) and not argue the classification, but I would never call it such myself. The themes aren't necessarily beyond or inappropriate for a younger audience, but the prose and narration is more complex than typical for it.
Image for The Wonder of All Things
by Jason Mott (Goodreads Author)