Catherine P
Catherine P asked:

I read the reviews of this book before deciding to added it to my read list. One of the reoccurring themes in the reviews was the authors choice of vocabulary. When a writer does the extensive research necessary to write a factual biology, why choose to use words that are so obscure as to distract his readers attention? By choosing this writing style, doesn't Mr. West greatly limit his readership?

To answer questions about The Radical King, please sign up.
Brian Vargo "When a writer does the extensive research necessary to write a factual biology. . . " Fairly sure that should be biography, but you realize that there's only bits and pieces of West in there introducing words from King. You could pretty much leave West's commentary out and get everything you need to from King himself.
Juan Arturo I share your idea Catherine,,,,your comment about keeping a simpler languaje .... you see I´m Mexican and really enjoy some English \ American writers, but it is so hard sometimes that I have to get a BIG Dictionary and Thesaurus to get the idea writer tries to state.

I underline then write down the words at the end of the book and have learned a lot of new words but then again I hardly see those words on common conversations. I´d also appreciate using more common words.
Image for The Radical King