Zoë Malik
Zoë Malik asked:

why would you want to know about the Tudors for?

To answer questions about A Demon Summer, please sign up.
Kat The only reason that you might need to know about a Tudor for this book is in relation to the dissolution of the monasteries and convents under Henry VIII. I suspect you'd be able to understand the plot of the book without it though. As Lorraine points out, the book's detective just happens to have Tudor as a last name.
Lorraine I am not sure that I understand your question. A Demon Summer is a mystery that involves a vicar named Max Tudor from a small English village which takes place in the present. This book does not discuss the Tudors who ruled England during the 15th, 16th and the very beginning of the17th centuries who are truly fascinating to read about including Henry VIII and his daughter, Elizabeth I whose mother was Anne Bolelyn. Really dynamite reading material !!
Image for A Demon Summer
by G.M. Malliet (Goodreads Author)