Renée
Renée asked:

What are your thoughts on Denna's patron?

To answer questions about The Wise Man's Fear, please sign up.
Marlowe Like others, I immediately assumed that he must be Chandrian. I think, though, that that might be a bit too obvious, and it would just be painful to have Rothfuss make this abuser into a Bad Guy of mythic proportions.

I prefer to think that he's just going to turn out to be a regular nasty character or, my personal favourite, that he'll turn out to be one of the Amyr (which would explain a lot, and would give Kvothe the opportunity to discover just how dangerous and prone to corruption the idea of "for the greater good" is).

Like others, I'm thinking it could be Bredon. Bredon is just way too mysterious, and it would be unsatisfying if this is the last we've heard of him.
Chad I think Brendon maybe be an Amyr.
Renée My own thoughts:

At first I thought Ash was one of the Chandrain. Not Cinder or Haliax, but one we haven't met yet.

But as soon Bredon entered the story I knew there had to be something more. And as soon as the Cthaeh told Kvothe about the cane I knew he was Master Ash!

The problem is, I liked Bredon. And really hope I'm wrong...
Image for The Wise Man's Fear
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)