Riki
Riki asked:

Insensitive question, but did this series end properly, or did it stop only due to the author's death?

To answer questions about Legend, please sign up.
Grog Wilsnatch The series ended properly, all of David Gemmell's books finished and closed the holes, I wish that he had lived longer and written more books but that is selfish of me. All of his books I rate 5/5 and reread them periodically
Pete Kim it ended properly. i wrote this in another answer, but every single book is almost the exact same. so hard to explain, but the books are so enjoyable...you don't care! you actually know what is going to happen and how the table is set, etc and it is still so great. weird? yeah.
Alan I believe that he died partway through the final Troy book and that this was then completed by his wife Stella. I think this is true as the third book does seem to change the writing style about halfway through.
I agree that all of his books, even the Jerusalem man series which is completely different to his other books, are 5 star.
Kostas Actually the series never really ended as Gemmell always returned after a while, and he did, in fact, inteded to write one more Skilgannon book after finishing the thrird Troy novel. But each book is written in way that doesn't depend on the next one, thus completing the story it started and giving it a more self-contained feel.
Image for Legend