Mockingjay Reader

Ok TBH i haven't read the whole book but i noticed the footnotes and started to investiagte. I found at the back of the book a contest, I read it and researched a little. Please do not include any spoilers in the answer. So overall my question is: Is the contest real? and Where can I find info/updates on the contest if it's real?

To answer questions about The Calling, please sign up.
J The contest is real. One of the 'endnote' links will take you to a live feed at Caesar's Palace where the $500,000 prize in gold coins is waiting. There are not a lot of updates on the progress of the contest, but there are some videos where James Frey talks about a few bits of info. It is currently on track to be won around August or September 2015. I do have a blog on endgame which may or may not help with some of the details. http://endgameishere.wordpress.com
Image for The Calling