Teru
Teru asked:

I just started to read this novel (I'm on page 4) and already find it a bit confusing. So many questions have popped up in my mind. Why does he want to go outside? Apparently, he and his wife won a "lottery"? They had one year to try? try what? get pregnant? How did she die? Does it get easier to understand? is it worth keep reading it? :/ so many questions...

To answer questions about Wool Omnibus, please sign up.
Josh Johnston The lottery is the Silo's way of controlling the population. If a couple won the lottery, they can have kids. If not, wait for the next one. Holston and his wife won the lottery and tried for a year but I guess couldn't have kids.

His wife died because she was sent to "clean" outside and the toxic air killed her.

As to why Holston wants to go outside, the answer comes soon.

When I first started reading, it was bit confusing for me too. However, when I continued to read there would be more details, here and there, that helped me figure out what was going on. Is it worth reading? I thought it was, although it starts off quite a bit slow with a lot of question marks, but towards the middle it gets craaazy. The questions in the beginning will be answered, I promise.
Image for Wool Omnibus
by Hugh Howey (Goodreads Author)