Beth
Beth asked:

I picked up the audio book read by Richard Ferrone at a yard sale, but the description of the book makes it sound more like a creepy suspense thriller than a mystery. I'm more a Janet Evonovich Mystery reader than James Patterson and my question is, do I just give the tape away, or dare begin?

To answer questions about Rules of Prey, please sign up.
Helga Voller Richard Ferrone has a great voice and John Sandford writes better than Patterson, and does not write creepy novels. His detective Lucas Davenport is worth getting to know!!
Ashley Reid Definitely has enough twists to entice the mystery reader in my humble opinion!
Marcia Chocinsky I enjoy Sanfords novels- well written, good plots, fully developed characters with flaws, etc. Some of Pattersons are just okay (Woman's murder club I think it's called) and I dislike most of his others. I read one evanovich book and doubt I will read another - I can't remember the reasons. So, perhaps since you like JE you will not like Sanford. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all
Cat it is closer to James Patterson than Evanovich. Have you tried JA Jance? they are still mysteries, detectives, but not as 'creepy'
Image for Rules of Prey