A Goodreads user asked Jason Fry:

As a writer, how do you develop your own style, instead of being overly influenced by the authors whose work you admire?

Jason Fry I wouldn't worry about this overmuch -- writing in the style of an author you admire will teach you how to reverse-engineer writing that works for you, which is a valuable skill. And writing in different styles will teach you lessons about tone, word choice, etc., all of which will stick with you as you discover new writers you admire. Eventually these influences will fade away and leave you with your "natural" style, which will owe something to the writers you admire but be mostly yours. I learned a lot from Robert E. Howard, J.R.R. Tolkien, Fritz Leiber, Brian Daley, Tanith Lee, Ursula K. LeGuin, Poul Anderson, Flannery O'Connor, Roger Angell and Larry McMurtry, to name just a few. I'm indebted to all of them but no longer write particularly like any of them.