Peter Thornber

I enjoyed the story arc and agree with comments elsewhere on here regarding individualism and blame. Anybody else find the syntax irritating at times? For example: 'It was countless the pleasures of life there were millions,......' or 'Do not shoot if he shoots you will feel it before you hear it,....' Not read anything by Philipp Meyer before; is this his normal style?

To answer questions about American Rust, please sign up.
Deb For me the syntax added to the experience of reading the book because I don't think we think in complete sentences, but rather fragments of thought. It helped me feel I was in the minds of the characters. And what richly drawn characters they are!
Paola Manzo Yes at first 30 pages it disturbed me a lot. Then I guess that I got used to... But I've never read something else of Meyer so I don't know actually!
Image for American Rust
by Philipp Meyer (Goodreads Author)