Elizabeth Gilliam

Hi, I'm just curious has anyone made any of the recipes that they have in the books they sound interesting but some of the ingredients like ponzu sauce sound like they would be hard to find in a local grocery store ?

Lorelei Miller Walmart and Target both carry ponzu sauce in their limited Asian sections. They have both expanded that section a bit over the last couple of years. Also if you google Asian grocery stores in your area you might be surprised to find the ingredients closer than you think. Also chain grocery stores like King Soopers & Safeway generally have a decent selection of Asian ingredients. Not sure about smaller, independent stores though, that would probably depend on the area you live in.
Courtney "Walmart and Target both carry ponzu sauce in their limited Asian sections. They have both expanded that section a bit over the last couple of years"...
This would depend on where you're from, I'd imagine. I've never seen it at Walmart or safeway here in Canada, for example. If you're in a city/town/state with a smaller population you might have better luck with the Asian groceries that Lorelei mentioned.

Amazon is another option - they do have a decent looking selection of imported goods in their grocery section. I've never ordered food through there yet, but as long as it's a 'dry good' like bottled sauce I'd imagine it would be fine.
Image for Food Wars!