Pioup
Pioup asked:

If you assigned a season to this book, which would it be?

To answer questions about I Capture the Castle, please sign up.
Amy Although the book itself takes place throughout an entire year, it gives me a distinct feeling of early spring. I think it's the constant mentioning of mist and new beginnings that does it.
ᏒIᎪ Summer, I think.
Isla The entire book felt like spring to me. Cassandras hopefulness of things to come, the way the plot unfurls like a flower in bloom, the bright sparkling days of joy, contrasted with storms of despair, it all sings of spring. What a great question!
Wren I would go with summer-autumn time personally and can I just say I love this question. What an interesting approach to reading.
Abby Fathauer This is perhaps the best question I've ever heard asked about a book. I love that one can learn so much about a book's style if one knows the season it best matches. Anyway, this may only be because I read it during the fall, but it makes me think of autumn above all.
Val Blackburn It starts in winter, when they are cold, poor and miserable. But there's the hope of spring and new life in the air. If I had to assign a season, it would be Spring, but more specifically May Day. This book holds 1st May in high regard, to the extent that, many years after reading this book for the first time, I was delighted when my twins were born on 1st May and became my May Day Queens.
Debbie I need a novel set during Christmas for a reading challenge. Would this book fulfill that catagory?
Image for I Capture the Castle