Lynette Winterton

I was immediately caught up in the story of Beau Crusoe and suffered through (skipping as much of the detailed and graphic sex as I could) because I wanted to know the end of the story. As I look back on it now, I am sure I could have survived not knowing the end of the tale rather than have what I read attached to my memory. Are her other books as sexual as this one? I won't read another one.

To answer questions about Beau Crusoe, please sign up.
David Read Some, not all, of her books have one sex scene. By today's "romance novel" standards they're quite tame, but sometimes they're a bit too detailed for my personal taste. The amount of detail varies from book to book.
Don't let this small detail ruin your reading experience; Ms. Kelly writes extremely well, with remarkably good plots, characterization and historical detail. I enjoy her books as "people" novels, not so much romance novels. The sex, if there is any, is a tiny fraction of the whole book's experience. Her books are extremely enjoyable otherwise.
Elaine Just finished 'The Admiral's Penniless Bride' which has multiple graphic sex scenes in it. If others are like that I probably will not move on to them.
Kris You cheated yourself. I am currently reading this for the 3rd time. It is so poignant and human, it touches my heart every time I read it.
About the 'sex' scenes. This book does NOT contain graphic scenes, the scenes that are unpalatable are there to impress how vulgar the antagonist is in the particular part of the story. The very brief other bedroom scenes are touching and between the main characters who have made a commitment to each other of a permanent nature.
This is a story that could have been true and for all I know it may well be based on fact. I love that there is a true historical personage woven into the story and a touching story about how the main male character is able to maintain his sanity alone on the deserted island.
This is a story about tragedy, loyalty family love and survival. I recommend it to anyone.
Image for Beau Crusoe