Vaishnavee
Vaishnavee asked:

Is this book about Stockholm Syndrome?

To answer questions about A Court of Thorns and Roses, please sign up.
amanda No, not really! I've read and finished this novel, and the main character has never truly been treated as a "hostage." She has to stay with a faery because she broke the rules of a Treaty, but he let her be independent while staying on his lands.

This book is really amazing, and I definitely suggest reading it!
thebookbitch Nope, not at all.
The character's and their budding relationships are developed in a way which feels almost real. It's literally beautiful and completely recommend it!
Maddi Britch The ACOTAR series is a Beauty and the Beast retelling in which Maas incorporated her own elements and ideas to create a unique tale in itself. The book certainly does not dwell on the "Stockholm Syndrome" interpretation of the original fairy tale as far as I can tell.
Image for A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)