Who do you see directing a Last Days movie? Who do you see playing Kline?

To answer questions about Last Days, please sign up.
Russell Gift Nicolas Winding Refn for the apocalyptic violence or David Cronenberg for the body horror. I think Cronenberg would do a better job with the dialogue. He's been successful with non-scifi ventures like History of Violence and Eastern Promises.
Chad Smith I love this question, because something about this story made me constantly consider a film adaptation while reading. Maybe because it was such a visual novel? Anyway, to answer your questions, I immediately pictured Eric Bana playing Kline. I think he would nail the deadpan sarcasm Kline holds steady to. As for directing, I could see a couple options. David Fincher could really match the black comedy of the novel, and would handle the detective/thriller aspect of the story pretty well. My other pick, which I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with, is Nicolas Winding Refn. I'd see him handling the surrealism and brutality of the novel much better than anyone else. My one reservation with him is that his movies typically have the minimal amount of dialogue, and Last Days certainly needs the dialogue to be utilized in a movie as much as the book. In the end, I could definitely see him pulling it off though.

Some other thoughts on the subject... After watching Gotham, I'm really starting to love Robin Lord Taylor, and I think he'd be a great Ramse. Borchert needs to be somebody incredibly intelligent, charismatic, and ultimately dangerous. I'd like to see Bryan Cranston in that role. He certainly did something similar with Walter White. I'm not sure who for Gous, maybe Vincent D'Onofrio? Most of the other characters have a lot less screen time, and so probably wouldn't matter as much. Anyway, I'd love to see more discussion on this subject!
Christopher The Coen Brothers. George Clooney as Kline. Doing the Clooney-in-a-Coen-picture thing.
Kevin White I'm not sure about Kline, but Ben Foster is perfect for Ramse.
Rennie Baskin director Can Evrenol is currently working on an adaptation...
https://vimeo.com/192947476

I definitely like Chad Smith's answers.
Image for Last Days