Najima Jamilah

Is this another one of those books thats only entertaining if you're a white, Montessori mom? Like The Corrections or Special Lessons in Calamity Physics?

To answer questions about Big Little Lies, please sign up.
Nicki Chen I don't know if you have to be a white, Montessori mom, but I think it's especially enjoyable if you've had children or can imagine what it's like to be a parent. My children are in their forties now, and I don't remember experiencing anything like the situations in the book, but I could appreciate how it would feel to have my child accused of something. Come to think of it, you don't need to have lived in the past to enjoy historical fiction or in the future to enjoy science fiction.
Tressa I'm white but my kid goes to public school and I enjoyed this book. As an older mom to a kid in elementary school (he's in middle school now, thank God), I felt like an outsider like the young, single mom character Jane does. So even if you're black but interested in school politics and drama fiction, you may still find something in this story to appeal to you. (After all, I've read many African American fiction books that I really enjoyed. A good story is a good story.)
Mrs. Cherry I think its a great book. I am going to have to try and read "The Corrections" & Special Lessons. Who is the author to those books?
Image for Big Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty (Goodreads Author)