Sandra
Sandra asked:

Is it possible to read this book without reading the first? The plot of the first doesn't really interest me but this one does.

To answer questions about The Soul Mirror, please sign up.
Jason Holt I would recommend reading this series in order, beginning with The Spirit Lens. When reading The Soul Mirror (book 2), I really enjoyed knowing more about the major characters than the viewpoint character did. Everything has so much more meaning when you know the story of the first book.

That said, I feel that The Soul Mirror has much better pacing and tension than the first one. Someone reading The Spirit Lens might decide the series is too slow. If you were planning to read just one to see if you like it, The Soul Mirror is the one to read. It does tell a complete story with a beginning, a middle, and an end, and the rising tension pulled me all the way through.
Vilde Late answer but: I would say so. I've only read this one so far and am working my way through the third one at the moment and I didn't feel lost. There's a few references to the past, but none that require prior knowledge I'd say.
Jenny I read the third one first by accident and didn't have any issues following the story line past a few references. I'm about to start reading this one but I would venture to say that you probably could.
Image for The Soul Mirror
by Carol Berg (Goodreads Author)