Cory Wilson
Cory Wilson asked:

Was Chris 6 months older than Emily or 3 months? The paperback book says Emily's birthday was May 7th (pg 321) and Chris' was on November 24 (pg 395). But when Michael Gold took the stand he said they were 3 months apart (pg 450). It's a minor issue but it's bothering me! lol Maybe I'm not comprehending it correctly...

To answer questions about The Pact, please sign up.
Cora I would think the 6 months would make more sense (since they were in different grade levels, too) but it is weird that nobody caught the difference especially when it clearly mentions both their birthdays as being part of the story.
Vivian That drove me crazy, too. I think it was just an error when the book was being written, an error that no-one caught in copyediting. Since they were said to be six months apart in age before Michael said they were three months apart, I assumed the six months was their correct age difference and the three months was a typo.
Nengi Douglas I read the Kindle version, same issue! At the start the age difference is 6 months, I think it was even mentioned at the point of the narrative of Em's birth. I think it was a mistake.
Image for The Pact
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)