Maureen Mcgee
Maureen Mcgee asked:

This sounds intriguing. I love anything about the Russian revolution and the Romanov dynasty. Is it "fluff" or a true historical novel?

To answer questions about The Amber Keeper, please sign up.
Angela Ryser If you haven't already read it, I would recommend Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. Excellent biographer! He has conducted marvelously thorough research and his writing style could almost be mistaken as fiction. Massie is a masterful author.
Leslie If you are looking for new information about the Romanov dynasty, I doubt you will find it here. The historical references are there, but fairly superficial I'd say. I thought the book was a bit unbelievable -- more like a soap opera.
Patricia I'm sure you're much more up on the Russian revolution than I am, but it did incorporate much of the revolution "goings on" in the story line. It was a difficult time for sure. The story is of an English governess, living in the household of a Count and Countess during the revolution times. Their lives are certainly affected greatly by their society. If you decide to read, I do hope you enjoy!
Rayna Gillman Fluff. Agree with the recommendation to read Nicholas & Alexandra. An excellent book.
Frances Winslow Enough history to encourage one to learn more. Satisfying romance.
Image for The Amber Keeper
by Freda Lightfoot (Goodreads Author)