Fread
Fread asked:

I read the 3 1st books. I mostly liked the story but I just couldn't handle the recaps... there was a time I felt like I was reading the same chapter again and again. Can anyone who has read the books tell me if that continues in further books or does it get fixed? If so, when?

To answer questions about Black Widow, please sign up.
Dhfan4life Yea the recaps and repetitions are still there. I just learned to push through them to get to Gin taking out the bad guy or other drama going on. And as there are just 2 books I think left after Black Widow before the series finishes, I say it would be a shame to miss out on what happens in the rest of the story.
Stephanie I feel you: there was a time when I thought if I had to read about the pink and blue pig tracks leading to the bathrooms at the Pork Pit one more time I might become an assassin myself. But to answer your question, yes, as the series continues, Estep gets much better at avoiding those repetitive details giving you just enough to jog your memory in case it's been a while since you read the previous books and not so much detail that it seems repetitive.
Image for Black Widow
by Jennifer Estep (Goodreads Author)