I'm a 13, almost 14, year old and I wanted to read this book but I'm not sure if this book is appropriate or not?

To answer questions about The Heist, please sign up.
Teghan I believe you'd be fine with this book. There's swearing and consensual sexual references. I'd say it's on par with Pretty Little Liars in regards to rating (though considerably less horror-focused) and much much less violent than Vampire Diaries (though closer to it in regards to sexual content). I would let my 14 year old daughter read this.
Laurie There are some racy parts so I probably wouldn't let my daughter read it until she was at least 15 or 16.
Heather I think it would be okay. There's nothing really graphic about it. If it was a movie, it would probably be rated PG-13.
Akshara Kid, if you're self-aware enough to ask this question, you should read it already!
Elena I don't mean to offend - but questions like this confuse me. When I was a teenager, I would read everything I got my hands on, and WOULN'T read it only if my Mom specifically told me not to... But I would never go out of my way to ASK if a particular book was appropriate - I would HOPE it's NOT appropriate and that I'd get away with it :)) I would definitely not seek approval from strangers... If your parents/guardians are ok with you reading this, why do you care to ask us if it's appropriate?! Read it - enjoy yourself ! There is nothing in chick lit that is going to scar you for life...
Ray You're probably sixteen now. Read it already :)
Melissa Mcginnis The raciest thing is a bit at the end, yeah there's flirting...BIG time flirting, but I don't think there's anything too graphic about it.
Elise There's only one kiss at the end! Hope you enjoyed the book. I found I read a lot of racy books with my teen daughter growing up and they became spring boards for conversations between us. When in doubt ask your Mom and get her to read it with you! Always a great way to share stuff.
Image for The Heist
by Janet Evanovich (Goodreads Author)