Gerhard
Gerhard asked:

I wonder why this book has such a bland cover? I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but given Cronenberg’s reputation as a horror auteur, the cover design of his first novel is startlingly unoriginal.

To answer questions about Consumed, please sign up.
Carlos Pantuflas I have an edition from Europe, I think it was the first print. The cover is way more elaborated and eye-catching.
Raven Ironically, I picked this book up in a library for the "read a book chosen by its cover" part of 2015 reading challenge. But I see what you mean, as the one I'm reading is a new edition, and you probably meant the original one.
Blair Hodgkinson What I've read so far makes me think a non-illustrative cover is a good choice! I have no idea what they would have chosen for an image.
Image for Consumed