Lily Luna
Lily Luna asked:

Which age group do you think this book is suitable for?

To answer questions about Gracefully Grayson, please sign up.
Lily As a seventh grader, I (along with the other seventh graders in my book club group) found the vocabulary to be too simple but could be good for others our age. I would recommend this book to anyone from the ages 9 to 13 even with the subject of transgender being "inappropriate".
Michael Bicak Grades 5 thru adult. Grayson should be required reading in 5th grade, just like Wonder.
Ines barragan This book is really good I'm a 5th grader and I even think 4th graders could read it. The vocabulary is not hard but for younger kids (below 4th grade) its not very appropriate.
Sophie Kandler I'd say 5-9th grades. In addition, I absolutely recommend this book to the parents of a TG child, as it really brings out the trauma that TG people face as they mature.
Nancy Kotkin This is a middle grade book, suitable for 9-13 year olds. Some may think the transgender topic is only suitable for young adults, but this is a well-written book that can start that conversation within middle schools. Young adults (14+) will probably not be interested in reading this book since the protagonist is in sixth grade.
Drew Lots of places have this in the YA section but seeing as the MC is in middle school (6th grade I think?) I would reccomnd it for 9-13 year ilds maybe? It's certainly appropriate for younger and older people could find it entertaining but I think there are much better YA books about transgender teens that would be better for highschoolers.
Alec Honestly, I think the book is targeted towards 10-17 year olds, but anyone could read this book and find it entertaining/appropriate.
Magpie ANYBODY!
Grayson's in middle school, so I say mostly around that age group (12-15) but really I think anybody COULD read it, it's not inappropriate for younger or un-entertaining to older :)
lil'Eli 10 and 19year old plus some grown-up
Kristin Booklist says grades 5th-8th, School Library Journal says 6th and up, Publishers Weekly says ages 10-14. I haven't read the book yet, but I'd put it solidly in the tween/teen region. The library system I work for (and most of the others I've looked at) has it cataloged as YA.
Image for Gracefully Grayson
by Ami Polonsky (Goodreads Author)