Andy Turton
Andy Turton asked:

Is making a glaring editorial faux pas like dropping a line like "And our dead Volvo driver was on it" when the character wasn't killed an acceptable aid to reader engagement? I had to re-read the first chapter over and over to make sure that I hadn't missed something. I hadn't. If it wasn't a library copy, I'd dab a little tippex on page seven. Not a good start.

To answer questions about Broken Homes, please sign up.
Michael Trick Must have been picked up in editing after the hardcover printing since the "dead" is removed from my kindle version as well as the goodreads preview. +1 for reader engagement.
Beth Stiner I just checked my copy, I don't have that glitch either. Maybe a misprint in your edition? But as Tria said, that's not the author's fault, and that's an awfully small glitch to be throwing you out of joint, especially compared with some of the truly terrible editing I've seen in recent publications.
Tria Still, hardly the fault of the author; editors are supposed to catch that kind of thing.
Hazel Mack I bought the kobo version yesterday and the mistake is still there. I re-read the first chapter too, so you weren't the only one Andy.
Image for Broken Homes
by Ben Aaronovitch (Goodreads Author)