Lewstherin14
Lewstherin14 asked:

Is this SERIES action or romance?

To answer questions about Shards of Honour, please sign up.
A Holscher This Book is the most romantic of the series, which is sci-if action. Wonderful older-than-most romantic characters, and a hilarious proposal. More violence than in romance novels, and no cooing and billing at all. Still, a very good romantic read, especially if you like the theme of Honor.
willaful The series as a whole encompasses many subgenres, including mystery, adventure, comedy of manners, and romance.
Blake I would not call this a "romance." It's more like science fiction action with a love story.
Randy Compared to Lillian Sinclair's work, this book is very mild romance. Nothing terribly titillating, but a little threatened sexual violence. The basic story is about how two unlikely people meet and fall in love, but there is a heck of a lot of action, too.

Regarding the entire series, a similar tone prevails. There are many romances, but there is a ton of action as well. If you are looking to avoid any romance between characters, then the Vorkosigan Saga is probably not for you.

I will say, I don't like pure romance novels, but this series is one of my favorites. I've read them all multiple times.
Dane Yes, on both counts.
Deb Jones This series is mainly action but it is also about people and what makes them tick so of course there is romance - one of the things that people do is fall in love. There is more romance in this book than in most of the rest of the series. The core question of 'Shards of Honor' is 'what happens when two honorable people whose planets are on opposite sides of a war, and who both have an important part to play in that war, fall for each other?'. But the book doesn't linger on the romance per se, just gets you hoping like hell that things work out for its two extremely likeable protagonists.
Aprilleigh Romance is definitely not the first things that comes to mind when I think of this book, which I've read several times. But the male and female protagonists do end up married despite a very unconventional "courtship." It's difficult to describe how it fits in with the rest of the story, but I'd call it science fiction and action both before I'd ever come up with romance.
Alex Shrugged This book is NOT a bodice-ripping romance. It is more like a "Will this person make a good parent to my children?" kind of romance. It is also a comedy and adventure.
David More action than romance, but in this very dated space opera from the 80's, the romance is what holds up, a compelling narrative of a woman discovering her soul mate late in life and in extraordinary circumstances.
Amalia Frontali Not "only" a romance. there's adventure, sci-fi, action, a lot of beautiful worlds and an empire.
Image for Shards of Honour
by Lois McMaster Bujold (Goodreads Author)