Goodreads asked William Mangieri:

What are you currently working on?

William Mangieri For a writer, “working on” doesn’t just mean writing…
It being the start of a new year, I’ve just come off writing down my goals (which is actually an important part of the work – you have to treat it seriously), I’m working on two different short stories (working titles of “Behind the Eight Ball” and “Obsolete”.) That would be the first two of the ten stories I’ve set my sights on for this year. That’s a reduction over my goals for the last 3 years, but only because I’ve added a novel to the mix, which is looming in the background somewhere (I still haven’t decided what it will be, although I have it narrowed down to three possibilities right now – either one of two ideas I’ve been kicking around for a couple of decades, or a full length Jimmy Delaney novel.)
In additional to actually writing, there is also the “getting it out there” work to do - shopping stories to various markets, and also putting them up online. I’m creating the cover and ePub files now for “Dredging Things Up“ (publication slated for Friday, January 16th.)