Chris Malburg
Chris Malburg asked:

A reviewer likes the humor associated with the Pope and Sister Mary Pat. How helpful is humor to telling your story? How do you mix suspense with humor without losing momentum?

To answer questions about God's Banker, please sign up.
Chris Malburg These are great questions. Thank you. Humor is something that I think helps make the book that much more entertaining. As I writer, I want to give my readers a breather every so often. I use the often-humorous relationship between the Pope and his good friend, Sister Mary Pat. How often in real life would you imagine a nun actually gets to tell the Pope:
“Oh wow,” said Mary Pat in a mocking tone. “Now that’s impressive. We’re up against four times the armed men, ground penetrating radar and—”
This would not happen in real life. Yet the banter between these two loyal friends gives a welcome break in the action and lets you see the two characters as you would like to imagine them.
Image for God's Banker
by Chris Malburg (Goodreads Author)