Chris Malburg
Chris Malburg asked:

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

To answer questions about God's Banker, please sign up.
Chris Malburg I’m well known for my research and attention to detail. I’ve had a life long interest in the Catholic Church—not the religious aspect, but the institutional. This is one of history’s most secretive and corrupt, yet hugely influential institutions. I wanted an excuse to learn about it, so I wrote God’s Banker. My intent in doing such rigorous research is not to inundate the reader with extraneous facts that stop the action. Instead, I sprinkle a few of these detailed nuggets in a scene to add a rich sense of depth and credibility. Readers come away feeling that the scene works and the characters acted as would someone with their background.
What I’m learning constantly right now is the marketing aspect of my job—this blog interview, for sure. The literary world is a crowded place. Everyone is clamoring for attention. Getting noticed is difficult. I Tweet, I Facebook, I blog, God’s Banker has its own Website. It has a book trailer. I’ve done two video blogs about the book and my life as a writer. I have a hardcopy ad card. I take a bundle with me wherever I go. You’d be surprised how often I’m asked, “Where can I pick up God’s Banker?” With the ad card I just offer them a copy and they’re happy. I participate in book roundtables like Book Viral. Whenever a reader contacts me—and I make it very easy to contact me—I’m always thrilled. I always reply back.
Image for God's Banker
by Chris Malburg (Goodreads Author)