Goodreads asked J.T. Bock:

J.T. Bock Sometimes a scene just pops into my head. "What if?" scenarios from mistaken identity to aliens landing in someone's backyard to a person suddenly developing special powers. How would I react to these conflicts? How would someone who is an alpha personality or is wealthy or poor or is a mother or a single man react to these situations? Because each person (character) is different and would deal with the situation in unique ways based on their background and current situation.

I love watching the ghost hunting and supernatural destination TV shows. The legends and mythologies from cultures around the world fascinate and inspire me. What if they are real? Did a real-life event inspire them?