Goodreads asked Irina Serban:

Irina Serban 1. By not considering it a writer's block! I know it sounds strange, but I think that, when lack of ideas hits in, it's because I really need to rest and let the muses fill the well again. I can't write continuously as if drinking from a never-ending river of ideas.

2. By not panicking! Considering it normal, (as stated above), I generally do not panic and by not panicking, I do not transform it into an invincible monster.

3. By being more present in every-day life, observing more, living more, enjoying more! And believe me, that even when doing the most trivial chores inside the house (doing the dishes, for example), ideas start flowing again.

4. Learning to make the difference between writer's block and fear (fear to start a new project, fear to try new things, fear to have no more time left for my loved ones, etc.) If it's fear, then, the best way to defeat it is action: sit down, stare at the white screen, continue staring, writing some nonsense until the right ideas come and flow.