Goodreads asked Duran Price:

Duran Price In 2013 I lost one of my dearest friends in a senseless act of violence and it made me reflect on the incredible value of friendship. Our world is so different without our friends. This devastating loss also brought tremendous gratitude for the friendships I’m blessed to have. It reminded me of how precious these relationships are and all the amazing things I learned about friendships over the years. I wanted to share what I learned.

I also realized that friendship was the most common bond of any rich human relationship and in this sense, we build friendships with our spouses, family members, business partners and people in our community. We're always interacting with each other. So it was a great opportunity to share lessons learned in one kind of human relationship knowing it was fully applicable in all of them.