LAURIE
LAURIE asked:

I am disappointed as the character moves into a different faction. I liked him better as a local wizard but everyone has to move on.

To answer questions about Cold Days, please sign up.
Μιχάλης Actually that's what I like in Dresden Files, the sense of growth and progression to the character and plot. Plus the way it was set up all the way to here
Alex Richmond I don't mind the progression, but I am a little upset at where people are being pushed. Some of them have no choice in the matter, yet their lives are effected in ways I cant see them getting out of. I figure some of it is that I put more of myself into the book then others do, so I am slightly more emotionally invested. That being said, I have always felt Butcher takes better care of his characters then others, so if they still have a chance to get "back to normal". the question is will they want to, and how much cant be changed.
Matt Bille I agree that I liked him best chasing the local monster invasions out of town. But here I have to separate my love of the character and the author: for Jim Butcher, every new novel marks a move into a bigger, more richly imagined world. A lot of writers wouldn't mess with the million-dollar formula, so kudos to Butcher for deciding Harry had grown has much as he could and it was time to explore new horizons.
Nigel I have been having the same issues as discussed here. The stories are still OK but since he 'died' the books do not feel like Harry Dresden books. All the characters have the same names but as they are all reinventing their relationships it feels like I've started a whole new series
Image for Cold Days
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)