Jane Toby
Jane Toby asked:

Would a 13 year old excellent student like this book?

To answer questions about Roma, please sign up.
Doug Swicegood I'm pretty sure they would. If gives you detailed history as if you were living at that specific time. Like a way cool time machine. Mr. Saylor brings the characters of Romulus and Remus to life, as well as Coriolanus the Roman General, Sulla the first dictator and Julius Caesar in all his dictatorial glory as well. We see the history unveiled through the eyes of the Potitii and Pinarii who were ancient Roman families that date back to 1000 b.c. with the arrival of the salt traders and culminates with the advent of Julius Caesar in 44 b.c. and beyond! If a child is interested in Roman history this novel will help to fill the bill. I would have loved this novel at thirteen years of age!!
Gabrielle No way. Ancient Rome should be exciting, this book was not exciting
Kim Ess No. Way too young in my opinion.
Judith Phillips If they like ancient history they probably would. I learned things I never knew about some of the facets of ancient Rome. I never knew about Coriolanus and Romulus and Remus, said to be the founders of the city.
Image for Roma